The Course is basically designed for the Japanese Government Scholarship students to learn Japanese before studying in graduate schools. However, international students of Tokyo Tech may also apply for the course under the following conditions:
- Eligible language level in Japanese
- Research advisor’s permission to attend everyday class
- To be sure to attend all the classes and events
- Course registration status within the prescribed number
- Period: Oct. 4, 2023 – Feb. 2, 2024
- Class hours:
Monday to Friday ： 8:50 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.
- Style: Classes are scheduled to be delivered face-to-face.
Levels and Acceptable Number of Students:
- A class: 2-3 students (Basic 1: those who have not learned Japanese at all)
- Weekly J for starters 1
- Weekly J book1
- Nihongo NIHONGO ACTIVE TALK The First
- Connecting with Kanji : Workbook for Beginners
|Priority is given according to the following order:|
How to apply:
- Download the course application form. [DOCX] [PDF]
- Fill in the form and send it by e-mail with a PDF attachment to center#jim.titech.ac.jp (please use “@” for “#” when you email)
* Note1: Application deadline is by Noon, Oct. 10 (Tue) .
* Note2: Application itself does not mean that you are accepted to the course. You must pass the following interview test to be admitted.
- Placement tests and interviews will be conducted for applicants (ZOOM). *Detailed time slot will be announced to each applicant.
- Certificate of Participation is issued when you complete this course.
- International graduate students may obtain credits of your course degree: for master students, 1 credit par quarter as #400 subjects, and for doctor candidates as #600.
- Those who have already finished the pre-intermediate level and wishes to study more Japanese may proceed to take Intermediate Japanese classes or any of higher levels. You can find out further information on the following website: Japanese courses for international graduate students
Voices from participants:
Language and Culture through the Intensive Japanese course in Tokyo Tech ~ A gateway to Japanese language and culture! ~ Fifteen international students complete Intensive Japanese Course (Tokyo Tech News)
Any questions concerning the course:
- Contact Course Director, Midori Komatsu.
komatsu.m.ae#m.titech.ac.jp (Please use “@” for “#” when you email.)